HCFANY currently has five task forces to advance aspects of our policy work:
- The Children, Youth, and Families Task Force is committed to ensuring all children in New York are insured and that the State adopts child- and family-friendly policies as it implements the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- The Coalition to Protect the Rights of New York’s Dually Eligible works to shape HCFANY’s work around policies that affect the population of New Yorkers eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare.
- The LGBT Task Force guides HCFANY’s policy work around reducing health disparities among LGBT populations and strives to create a health care system that is LGBT-friendly.
- The Public Programs Group advocates for strong, consumer-friendly public program policies and operations on the NY State of Health Marketplace, including Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and the Essential Plan.
- The Racial and Ethnic Disparities Task Force guides the policy conversation and HCFANY organizing around issues of health equity in all aspects of our work. This includes identifying opportunities for action, making recommendations, and organizing a coalition-wide response.