Join members of New York City’s Congressional delegation, City officials, New York health care providers, advocacy groups and patients this Saturday morning at 11:00 AM at Gouverneur Health Auditorium, 227 Madison Street, on the Lower East Side of Manhattan to oppose efforts to dismantle the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
This rally comes on the same day that members of the House across the country are calling for a “National Day of Action” to oppose efforts to “Make America Sick Again.”
We hope to see you there!
Members of Congress are debating a repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and major cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, and other health coverage programs. We know consumers are looking for ways to get involved in the fight for health care.
This Valentine’s Day, HCFANY and partners are launching a Valentine’s Day campaign. Here are the different ways you can participate:
- Use one of the sample Valentines or make your own and mail them to the district offices of your representative in Congress
- Use one of the sample Twitter “tiles” and tweet a message to your elected officials on Valentine’s Day asking them to have a heart and save our health care. A list of Twitter handles for New York members of Congress can be found here.
- If your representative in Congress is already supportive of the ACA, this is a great opportunity to say thank you!
Sample messages and hash tags:
- This Valentine’s Day, have a heart. Save our health care.
- Thank you for showing the ACA some love. Happy Valentine’s Day.
MoveOn.org has announced a pre-Inauguration rally featuring NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio, Reverend Al Sharpton, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Moore, Shailene Woodley, Rosie Perez, and Alec Baldwin, other elected officials, community organizations, and thousands of New Yorkers who will gather outside of Trump International Hotel & Tower near Columbus Circle at 6:00 pm on Thursday, January 19 to stand united and send a message to the President-elect and Congress that New York will protect the rights of people and the environment.
They have explained that the purpose of the rally is to make it clear to the incoming President and Congress that New Yorkers will continue to work to make real progress on important issues such as healthcare, climate change, social justice and immigrant rights. New York City and cities across the country are committed to working in solidarity with people fighting to advance the causes of racial, social, environmental and economic justice.
You can join the Facebook event here.
Health Care is Under Attack in Congress! It’s “all hands on deck” BIG time!
Join HCFANY at our upcoming annual meeting next Monday, January 23 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 1199 SEIU, 155 Washington Street, in Albany. Please register here.
Highlights will include:
- Special keynote speaker: Dr. David Sandman, President and CEO, NYS Health Foundation
- Presentation of HCFANY’s Annual “Consumer Health Care Champion” Award to Assmblymember Crystal Peoples-Stokes. AM Peoples-Stokes has been a key leader for health care justice, serving on both the Health and Insurance Committees, and within the leadership of the legislature’s Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic, and Asian Caucus.
Important topics to be discussed:
- The immediate fights over the future of the ACA and reproductive health care
- The coming fights over Medicare, Medicaid, and Child Health Plus
- Governor Cuomo’s proposed 2017-18 budget
- HCFANY’s 2017 policy agenda for New York
- New York’s continued push toward health system transformation: DSRIP, SHIP, PHIP, and value-based payment
Any questions? Contact Taylor Frazier at email@example.com ot 212.614.5541
More info at www.hcfany.org