Health Care For All New York (HCFANY) is a statewide coalition dedicated to winning affordable, comprehensive, and high quality health care for all. We organize around a set of 10 Standards for quality affordable care which all member organizations commit to promoting in the health reform arena.
Steering Committee members include:
- American Cancer Society
- Children’s Defense Fund- New York
- Citizen Action of New York
- Community Service Society
- Institute for Puerto Rican and Hispanic Elderly
- Make the Road New York
- Medicare Rights Center
- Metro New York Health Care For All Campaign
- New Yorkers For Accessible Health Coverage
- New York Immigration Coalition
- Public Policy and Education Fund
- Raising Women’s Voices
- Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy
Since inception, HCFANY has grown to over 150 members throught New York State. Click here for our full membership list.
The coalition has 4 committees which serve as the organizing force behind HCFANY:
- The Policy Committee provides policy expertise and technical support to the coalition. This committee typically drafts legislative agendas, topic-specific testimonies and rapid-response policy briefs for the coalition.
- The Steering Committee is the decision-making body for HCFANY. Steering committee members finalize recommendations from all other committees and determine overall goals for the coalition, including brainstorming targets, allies, and tactics for the coalition’s work.
- The Organizing Committee is the main organizing force for the coalition and works on bringing member organizations, stakeholders and allies together for HCFANY hosted press events, public forums, educational briefings, convenings, annual meetings ,etc. The committee also works together to produce a strong HCFANY presence as needed.
- The Disparities Task Force members are charged with overseeing and organizing HCFANY around health equity issues in all aspects of our work. This includes identifying opportunities for action, making recommendations, and organizing a response.
- The Children, Youth, and Families (CYF) Task Force is our newest organizing arm. This task force is committed to ensuring all children in New York are insured and that the State adopts child- and family- friendly policies as it implements the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Phone: (212) 614-5401
- Fax: (212) 614-5541
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: HCFANY, c/o Community Service Society, 105 E. 22nd Street, New York, NY 10010
Please note: HCFANY does not accept article submissions or guest posts for this website from outside individuals or organizations.