- In the past year, one in three New Yorkers say they, or someone in their family, has not received or postponed medical care or filled a prescription because of lack of money or insurance.
- Between 1999 and 2008, health insurance premiums for New York’s working families went up 97% while median wages went up only 11%.
- 2.7 million New Yorkers still need health insurance.
Recent events have put health care reform at risk, but we have come too far to turn back now!
To move forward we need the House to pass teh Senate bill–then immediately use reconciliation to fix its problems, especially the affordability subsidies.
Take Action Today!
- Call NY’s Senators and Representatives
- Call or email the White House
- Call the White House comments line and tell the Administration you support health care reform: (202) 456-1414/1111.
- You can also send an email here.
- Show your support & attend a mini-rally outside local Reps. Offices.