Optional Isn't Optional: NY Advocates Unite to Fight Cuts to Medicaid
Posted November, 18 2009 by arianne
Advocates from across the state came together today to loudly protest cuts to so-called “optional” Medicaid services in the deficit reduction plan.
Proposed cuts include the elimination of:
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Private Duty Nursing
- Clinical Psychology
These cuts jeopardize New York’s safety-net and put seniors, people with disabilities, and children at risk.
Read the full press statement here.
Join the Fight!
Call the following Senators and Assemblymember to say “Cutting ‘optional’ Medicaid people and services is unacceptable!”
- Assemblymember Silver (518) 455-3791
- Senator Skelos (518) 455-3171
- Senator Sampson (518) 455-2788
- Senator Kruger (518) 455-2460
- Senator Padavan (518) 455-3381