HCFANY conducts policy research, monitors health transformation activity, and conducts legislative and budget advocacy. Our members commit to promoting Ten Standards in health policy:
- Everyone must have health coverage and access to health care.
- Coverage must be affordable to the family budget.
- Coverage must include comprehensive benefits to meet peoples’ needs.
- Government must be an active watchdog and regulator of the health care system.
- Coverage must promote equity in health care utilization and outcomes.
- Insurance must be portable and enrolling into existing and new public health insurance programs must be administratively simple.
- Everyone must have a choice of a public health plan.
- Health care reform must include effective cost controls that promote equality.
- All employers must contribute fairly to the cost of health care, and employers’ health costs must be predictable and in reasonable proportion to their total labor costs.
- The safety-net health care delivery system must be preserved and enhanced.