Rate Comments Are In – Final Rates Are Expected in August
Posted July, 2 2019 by Amanda Dunker
Each year, the Department of Financial Services reviews applications from insurers in the individual, small group, and Medicare Advantage markets and decides whether rates should go up, down, or stay the same. While insurers are asking for smaller increases than we’ve seen in previous years (on average an 8.4 percent increase), that’s still too much for consumers to manage.
HCFANY found plenty of reasons in the individual market filings to reduce or even reverse those increase requests. Find your carrier in the list below to see what we had to say!
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- Excellus Health Plan, Inc.
- Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (Emblem)
- New York Quality Healthcare Corporation (Fidelis)
- Healthfirst PHSP, Inc.
- HealthNow New York, Inc.
- HealthPlus HP, LLC (Empire)
- Independent Health Benefits Corporation
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MVP Health Plan, Inc.
- Oscar Insurance Corporation
- UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.