Best Practices for Enrolling LGBT New Yorkers in NY State of Health Coverage was presented by Finn Brigham, Director of Care Coordination at the Callen-Lorde Community Health Center in Manhattan. The presentation was part of the LGBT Task Force Webinar on Cultural Competency in Enrolling LGBT New Yorkers in Health Insurance plan on November 5, 2014.
The presentation covers the following topics:
- Definitions of the terms included in LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender);
- Explanations of what is meant by sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Descriptions of particular health issues that LGBT applicants may bring to enrollment sessions;
- Discussion of how to deal with special enrollment issues for transgender applicants; and
- Recommendations on how your agency can be welcoming to LGBT applicants.