Webinar: Cultural competency in enrolling LGBT New Yorkers in health insurance plans
2014 Nov 05 - 3:00pm-4:00pm - https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/229764510
Host: HCFANY's LGBT Task Force
This webinar is hosted by HCFANY’s LGBT Task Force. Finn Brigham of Callen-Lorde will describe best practices for Navigator and Certified Application Counselor agencies in ensuring cultural competency while assisting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) New Yorkers through the insurance enrollment process. Topics to be covered will include:
- Definitions of the terms included in LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender);
- Explanations of what is meant by sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Descriptions of particular health issues that LGBT applicants may bring to enrollment sessions;
- Discussion of how to deal with special enrollment issues for transgender applicants; and
- Recommendations on how your agency can be welcoming to LGBT applicants.
UPDATE: View the presentation here. Listen to the Webinar here.