Give Credit Where Credit Is Due!
Join New York advocacy groups and trade unions to thank our members of Congress for their support of health care reform. Tomorrow’ rally will celebrate the new health care reform law and thank all members of NYC Congressional delegation who voted for it
WHEN: Thursday, April 1st, 11 a.m.
WHERE: On the steps of City Hall, Lower Manhattan, New York, NY
WHO: All members of NYC Congressional delegation have been invited, except for Rep. Michael McMahon, NY 13th District (who did not vote for the new law). Confirmed members of Congress attending include:
- Rep. Charles Rangel, NY 15th District; Dean, New York Congressional delegation
- Rep. Nydia Velazquez, NY 12th District; Chair, Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Rep. Gregory Meeks, NY 6th District
- Advocacy Speakers:
- Ben Geyerhahn, New York Director, Small Business Majority
- Mark Hannay, Director, Metro New York Health Care for All Campaign
- David R. Jones, President and CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Kathy Kelly, Staten Island resident; MoveOn member
- L. Toni Lewis, MD, President, Committee of Interns and Residents
- Chris Shelton, Vice President, Communications Workers of America, District One