NYC Physician Groups Call on Lawmakers to Protect Their Patients
Posted January, 3 2017 by Taylor Frazier
A coalition of New York City-Area physician groups will host a press conference this Thursday, January 5 at 11 AM to call on the incoming administration, Congress, and New York State lawmakers to protect the health coverage gains made under the Affordable Care Act, preserve the public health safety net, and keep their patients healthy.
Speakers will include:
- Priscilla Chukwueke from the Committee of Interns and Residents
- Bruce Rector of Doctors for America New York
- Bruce Henry from the Manhattan Central medical Society
- Bill Jordan, Immediate Past Board Chair of the National Physicians Alliance and Assistant Clinical Professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine; and
- Oliver Fein, Chair of Physicians for a National Health Program, New York Metro Chapter and Professor of Clinical Medicine and Health Care Policy at Weil Cornell Medical College.
The event will be held at Catherine M. Abate Health Center, 150 Essex Street New York, NY 10002.