TAKE ACTION! Special HCFANY Coalition Call TODAY
Posted March, 11 2013 by arianne
For anyone not on HCFANY’s email list – we will be holding an emergency coalition call TODAY at 3 PM to discuss ACA implementation in the NYS budget. Several key issues for health insurance consumers are on the table. How they are resolved will determine the success of the ACA in New York, and whether people will be better or worse off in the future.
RSVP Here!Call-in number: 712-432-0080 Access code: 178-816#
- Welcome & Review of current HCFANY Priorities & Politics – Jess Wisneski, Citizen Action of New York
- Breakdown of our budget priorities:
- Family Health Plus – Elisabeth R. Benjamin, Community Service Society of NY
- Health Insurance changes – Heidi Siegfried, New Yorkers for Accessible Health Coverage
- Good News: Charity Care & Community Health Advocates Funding Stream – Carrie Tracey, Community Service Society of NY
- Action Item 1: Organizational Sign On letter. Read the letter and sign your group on HERE.
- Action Item 2: Press Event Wednesday 11:00AM – LCA Press room, Legislative Office Building, Albany – followed by last minute advocacy at the Capitol. Who can join us?
- Action Item 3: Make calls to important leaders:
- Assembly: Call Health Chair Richard Gottfried: 518-455-4941
- Assembly: Call Insurance Chair Kevin Cahill: 518-455-4436
- Senate: Call Health Chair Kemp Hannon: 518-455-2200
- Senate: Call Insurance Chair James Seward: 518-455-3131
- Senate: Call IDC Leader Jeff Klein: 518-455-3595
- Senate: Call IDC Member Diane Savino: 518-455-2437
- Executive: Director of Health Care Redesign: James Introne: 518-408-2500
6. Post-Budget Preview & Close: Public Education/Outreach work – Jess Wisneski, Citizen Action of NY