Think you missed your chance to enroll? Maybe not!
Posted April, 16 2015 by Amanda
Need health coverage? Many New Yorkers still have options to enroll in health coverage on the NY State of Health Marketplace!
Open enrollment for 2015 coverage officially ended on February 15, 2015. But those eligible for Medicaid and Child Health Plus (CHPlus) can enroll all year long. And, others who experience a “Qualifying Life Event” (marriage, divorce, aging off of a parent’s plan, etc.) can receive a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) of 60 days to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan through the Marketplace. There is also a one-time tax-related SEP through April 30 of this year for those who face a health care related tax penalty.
The NY State of Health recently updated its Special Enrollment Period webpage (also available in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Italian, Haitian Creole and French), with new and updated resources on SEPs, including:
- New consumer video describing qualifying life events and special enrollment periods (view the English version above. We’re told a Spanish video is coming soon!);
- Full list of qualifying life events;
- Updated consumer SEP fact sheet that can be downloaded and printed (Quantities for in-person assistors can be ordered here: http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/resource/materials-and-publications-order-form);
- Links to FAQ documents on SEP; and
- Dates of the 2016 open enrollment period (enrollment will start November 1 this year).
Join us, and spread the word about qualifying life events, Medicaid and CHPlus!