Members of Congress are debating a repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and major cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, and other health coverage programs. We know consumers are looking for ways to get involved in the fight for health care.
This Valentine’s Day, HCFANY and partners are launching a Valentine’s Day campaign. Here are the different ways you can participate:
- Use one of the sample Valentines or make your own and mail them to the district offices of your representative in Congress
- Use one of the sample Twitter “tiles” and tweet a message to your elected officials on Valentine’s Day asking them to have a heart and save our health care. A list of Twitter handles for New York members of Congress can be found here.
- If your representative in Congress is already supportive of the ACA, this is a great opportunity to say thank you!
Sample messages and hash tags:
- This Valentine’s Day, have a heart. Save our health care.
- Thank you for showing the ACA some love. Happy Valentine’s Day.