HCFANY Annual Winter Meeting
Posted January, 17 2017 by Taylor Frazier
Guest Blog by Mark Hannay, Director, Metro New York Health Care for All Campaign
Health Care is Under Attack in Congress! It’s “all hands on deck” BIG time!
Join HCFANY at our upcoming annual meeting next Monday, January 23 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 1199 SEIU, 155 Washington Street, in Albany. Please register here.
Highlights will include:
- Special keynote speaker: Dr. David Sandman, President and CEO, NYS Health Foundation
- Presentation of HCFANY’s Annual “Consumer Health Care Champion” Award to Assmblymember Crystal Peoples-Stokes. AM Peoples-Stokes has been a key leader for health care justice, serving on both the Health and Insurance Committees, and within the leadership of the legislature’s Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic, and Asian Caucus.
Important topics to be discussed:
- The immediate fights over the future of the ACA and reproductive health care
- The coming fights over Medicare, Medicaid, and Child Health Plus
- Governor Cuomo’s proposed 2017-18 budget
- HCFANY’s 2017 policy agenda for New York
- New York’s continued push toward health system transformation: DSRIP, SHIP, PHIP, and value-based payment
Any questions? Contact Taylor Frazier at email@example.com ot 212.614.5541
More info at www.hcfany.org