On February 27, 2009 the Community Service Society of New York (“CSS”) hosted a roundtable “Reducing Racial & Ethnic Disparities in Health Care Coverage & Outcomes in Public Insurance Programs.”
This event brought together-by invite only-experts from the public and private sectors to review evidence and discuss concrete policy approaches to reducing racial and ethnic disparities in our health care system.
The event was moderated by David Sandman, Senior Vice-President of the New York State Health Foundation and featured a presentation by Elisabeth Benjamin, Director of Health Care Restructuring Initiatives at CSS.
- David Jones, Esq., President & CEO, Community Service Society
- Deborah Bachrach, Deputy Commissioner of Health Insurance Programs, NYS Dept. of Health
- Dr. Foster Gesten, Medical Director, NYS Dept. of Health
- Patricia Wang, Esq., President & CEO, Health First
- Jacquie Anderson, Director of State Health Advocacy Program, Community Catalyst.
- Hon. Thomas Duane, Chair, Health Committee, NYS Senate
- Hon. Richard Gottfried, Associate Commissioner/Regional Director, NYS Dept. of Health, Metropolitan Area Regional Office
- James R. Tallon, Jr., President, United Hosptial Fund