Open Enrollment is HERE!
Posted November, 1 2016 by Taylor Frazier
Today, November 1, is the first day of open enrollment on the NY State of Health (NYSOH) Marketplace. New Yorkers can now enroll in coverage for the first time or renew their coverage by visiting NYSOH here. Since the first open enrollment period in 2013, more than 2.8 million New Yorkers have signed up for health insurance through the Marketplace. We can continue to make progress by making sure more New Yorkers get enrolled and that those who are covered maintain their coverage.
The New York Times even published a fun graphic to help consumers choose an appropriate Marketplace or employer-sponsored health insurance plan. There are also even more options to make this process easier with Navigators who can provide in-person enrollment assistance.
A few important dates for new enrollees:
- The Fourth Open Enrollment Period begins today November 1, 2016, and continues through January 31, 2017.
- To get coverage that begins January 1, 2017 you must enroll by December 15, 2016.
- For coverage starting February 1, 2017 you must enroll between December 16, 2016 and January 15, 2017.
- For coverage starting March 1, 2017 you must enroll between January 16, 2017 and January 31, 2017.
For returning consumers, the re-certification period begins on November 15, 2016:
- To make sure you do not have a gap in coverage, you must renew your coverage between November 15, 2016 and December 15, 2016 for coverage that begins on January 1, 2017.
- If you miss the re-certification deadline, you will be uninsured for a certain period of time.