2010 has been a year of great progress in the fight for health care justice! Now that we have a new governor, it’s time to plan for implementing the Affordable Care Act here in New York, albeit during a time of budget challenges. Join us on December 1st as we map out how to keep the gains New York has made so far, and how to keep moving forward.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
- 11:00 Welcome and introductions
- 11:15 Overview of political context: National & NY
- 11:30 Update on prior approval implementation – Troy Oeschner, Deputy Superintended of Insurance, NYS DOI
- 11:45 Overview of tasks ahead for ACA implementation in NY
- 12:30 Lunch break
- 1:00 Guest speaker TBA
- 1:30 Presentation of HCFANY plans for 2011:
- 2011 Legislative Agenda
- HCFANY’s Five Standards for the insurance Exchange
- Equity and Disparities priorities
- 2:00 Breakout groups:
- Key policy issues and legislative strategies for 2011
- Grassroots strategies
- Strategies to promote equity and address disparities
- 3:00 Reports back and next steps
- 3:30 Adjourn
Car pools will be arranged from around the state. For information on car pools departing from NYC, contact Mark Hannay at firstname.lastname@example.org. For car pools departing from upstate, contact Mary Clark at email@example.com.
Date & Location: Westminster Presbyterian Church, 88 Chestnut Street, Albany, NY. (11:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
There is much more to be done in the fight for health care for all! Make plans to join us December 1st!